World-class heptathlete Tatiana Chernova Татьяна Сергеевна Чернова answers the 10-for-10 quiz!
Chernova is amongst the elite in athletics, having won the bronze medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. She had much success as a junior and youth athlete, bagging titles at the 2006 World Junior Championships and at the 2005 World Youth Championships, respectively. Prior to her breakout performance at the Beijing Olympics, Chernova notched a new personal best of 6,618 points.
- Chernova in action (Photo from IAAF)
At the world-renowned Gotzis Hypo Meeting last month, an in-form Chernova scored 6,539 points – the second best tally in 2011 – as she finished behind reigning Olympic champion Jess Ennis.
With ten months to go before the Daegu World Championships, Chernova is on-track in exorcising the ghosts of her injury-plagued campaign in Osaka four years ago.
1. How did you get started with track?
My dad always trained heptathletes, so I became involved in heptathlon when I was a child. At first I took part in four event competitions. And when I [grew] up, started to do heptathlon! I won my first competitions, and next year win with the record World Youth Championship! So, [that] was [the] beginning.
2. What’s the most memorable moment of your track career?
For me, every moment of my sports life brings happiness. Because when you win, and standing on the podium, listening the national anthem, then you understand the meaning of hard and long training, you feel the achievement of goals and Dreams!
3. What’s your life-long dream?
My dream is to realize myself and be happy.
4. Let’s lighten up a bit! What would you rather wear and why? Short shorts or tights?
I prefer anything more shorter. I love the freedom of movement.
5. If you could be a Glee cast member, who will you be? And what song will you sing?
Never heard of [Glee]. Hopefully I will be forgiven their fans.
6. How I Met Your Mother or F.R.I.E.N.D.S.?
This [FRIENDS} is my favorite serial. Looked all seasons several time. Most importantly - he is about common people, about the relations between them and their lives. Favorite serial always raises the spirits!
7. What’s the best pump-up song of all-time?
I like Queen's "We are the champions"! Every time I listen it, creeps running through the skin.
8. If you could spend the rest of your days at any place in the world, which would you choose?
I would [like to travel] around the world in a balloon! I don’t like to sit long in one place and do nothing.
9. Name three things you just can’t live without.
Heptathlon, Jaguar, sun.
10. Fill in the blanks: I’ll run an ultra marathon just to go out with _________.